Let's redefine health and wellness at your company.
The typical seated office worker has more musculoskeletal injuries than any other industry sector worker, including construction, metal industry and transportation workers.
- Eric Jensen, Moving With the Brain in Mind
Sitting is hard on your body.
Everyone knows that and has felt its effects.
But when your employees Fit-bits buzz each hour, did you know that it is incredibly valuable time that if used wisely, can lead to some pivotal changes in your workforces physical structure, pain management, morale and productivity? Work with me and I'll help you enhance the performance of each of your employees, reduce musculoskeletal conditions and doctor visits, manage pain and improve overall happiness and wellbeing.
Here are some of the tools I work with:
- Self massage with The Roll Model® method therapy balls
- Corrective exercises with inexpensive resistance tools and also utilizing the desk, chair and office space to mitigate the effects of sitting
- Yoga and other movement & mindset tools for reducing stress and anxiety and increasing productivity
- I create movement "par courses" designed specifically for your workplace to support this culture shift towards "on the job" self care
- Customized 4-12-weeks of programming for your company
Self Care is the New Health Care
The Center for Disease Control reports that we are spending 75 cents of every healthcare dollar on chronic conditions linked to sedentary behavior, like obesity, diabetes, heart diseased even depression and cancer.
Sitting is the new smoking.
- Dr. James Levine, Director of the Mayo Clinic-Arizona State University Obesity Solutions Initiative
…if you eat well, and work out religiously for an hour a day, but then sit for all or most of your other waking hours, the sitting behavior will chip away or even cancel out the benefits of all your exercise at the gym. You are still considered a sedentary person.
- Sedentary Time and Its Association with Risk for Disease Incidence, Mortality and Hospitalization in Adults: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.” Annals of Internal Medicine 162, no. 2 (2015)123-132
Medical costs decrease approximately $3.27 for each dollar a business spent on wellness programs.
-Aflac Workforces Report, 2013
I work with your company’s leadership team first to upgrade their self care skills in order to inspire a culture shift within your company.
Contact me below with your name and company title for more information, my corporate menu of offerings and to set up a free demo class for you and your top performers.
Ready to work together?
Immersion training sessions at David Copperfield's private island in the Bahamas.
Corporate Meeting Presentation: One Seven Financial Advisers Summit